Friday, March 5, 2010

My First Book Signing


WOW! My first book signing! What an experience!! It was simply a warm feeling I got when I entered the dimly lit restaurant. Rare Restaurant seemed to be the perfect place at that very moment in my hometown of Atlanta. Immediately, a photo was snapped as I stood in the doorway staring at a poster-sized framed picture of the cover of a book that I wrote.  I felt great in my peach dress and  it would not have been complete without my leopard Christian Louboutins. LOL! Butterflies surfaced in my stomach and a huge smile was plastered across my face.  As I was greeted by a familiar face, I snapped back into the reality of walking into my very first book signing.  I felt loved when I walked into the back of the restaurant filled with my friends and family who came out to support me with the launching of my first book.  Even a few celebrities came out. I spoke to everyone about my book and why I wrote it.  I am so eager to hear feedback on what people are experiencing when they read my book. The night was filled with hugs, kisses and many book purchases. The feeling was so surreal.  It was a laid back, relaxed environment with nice music in the background and some great food! I signed at least 80 books and no, my hand was not tired!  I could not have asked for a better first book signing.  This first one I wanted to share with people who love and support me and know what I put into writing this story. That was accomplished!  Now, on to the next one.  After working so hard on my first novel, "Who Said Peaches Were Perfect?" I am finally sharing it with the world!

Click here to see more pics  

No comments: